//HOW TO USE AN ATM
Not sure how to use an ATM? Most ATMs today provide easy-to-use on-screen menus. Simply insert your card into the ATM slot and you’ll be directed every step of the way. Although every ATM is different, here’s an example of a basic ATM transaction:
- Insert your card into the ATM.
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Select your transaction (i.e. withdraw, deposit, transfer, check balance)
- Enter the amount in dollars and cents, if applicable.
- Select “Yes” or “No” when asked if you want to perform another transaction.
- Once transaction is complete, wait for your receipt and your card.
- Save your receipt and review your monthly account statement to verify the transaction.
Making an ATM deposit? Place your money in a deposit envelope before you start your transaction (envelopes are usually located on the side of the ATM). Fill out the required information on the envelope including deposit amount and account number. When you select the “Deposit” transaction option, follow the on-screen prompts which will direct you to insert the envelope in a special slot.
Back to Accessing Money Articles