//TRAVEL SMART - DON'T GET RIPPED OFF!
If you’re lucky enough to get away on a family vacation, road trip, or even venturing out with friends, there are steps you can take to protect your money and identity.
- Be careful with your cash. Don't flash your money for everyone to see.
- Don't carry more money than you can stand to lose. Credit and debit cards are a safer alternative.
- If you’re traveling abroad, consider using traveler's checks.
- Protect your credit and debit cards the same way you would cash.
- Consider using a money belt. They may not be stylish, but they’ll help prevent pickpockets from stealing your money or cards.
- If your debit or credit card is lost or stolen, report it to the financial institution immediately. This will help prevent criminals from accessing your account.
Remember, taking a vacation is about rest and relaxation. Be careful, but don’t worry too much. Use common sense, but more importantly, have a great time!
Back to Protecting Money Articles