//Top Ten Money Tips for Students
Check out these tips to learn what you can do to save money everyday:
- Be careful with credit cards — Only use credit cards to buy things you know you can pay back. Pay off your balances in full and on time.
- Start a savings plan — By regularly putting away a little bit at a time, you’ll always have money saved.
- Create an entertainment budget — If money slips through your fingers, set a limit and stick to it. Include things like music, movies and games.
- Shop at second-hand stores — Check out cool vintage stores or surf eBay for great prices on used items like books, clothes and electronics.
- Apply for scholarships — Each year, billions of dollars in scholarships are awarded to students across the country. Start looking today!
- Save money on gas — Walk or ride a bike. It’s cheaper and will help you stay healthy.
- Avoid “lazy” fees — Always pay bills on time to avoid late fees.
- Don’t forget student discounts — Look in your school’s newspaper or use Google to find available student discounts.
- Pack a lunch or cook at home — Eating out too much can drain your account … and add extra (unhealthy) pounds.
- Come to the credit union for all your financial needs — We offer great ways to save money on the financial services you need such as ATM access, online banking, car loans, credit cards and more!
Back to Saving Money Articles
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency